I knew that I would be an artist from the time I was six years old. I would draw all the time and my parents encouraged that by giving me a Jon Gnagy art kit. When I was in elementary school, my mother took me to our local library and I can still remember pulling the books off the shelves that had the most vivid and thought-provoking artwork on the covers. I had to open them up and look inside to discover the stories behind the art. That ultimately inspired me to fill up sketchbooks of my own worlds of fairies, animals, and magical realms. Then when my parents took me to my first Art Museum, The Ringling Museum of Art, I was captivated with the massive allegorical paintings of the Renaissance and Baroque painters. I knew that I wanted to tell stories in my artwork the way that the old masters did."
Education and Professional Training
•1989- Summer intensive in oil painting with Seattle Artist Dorian Moe- Artworks Studio- Pikeville, Kentucky.
•1990-1992- Prestonsburg College-University of Kentucky- Art History and Art Studio
•2008-2010- Mansfield University- BA earned in Art History with a minor in History.
•2013 (March 16)- National Gallery of Art Teacher Workshops, Washington DC. The Pre-Raphaelites: Victorian Avant-Garde- Millais’s Ophelia in Focus- Curriculum Connections: Art and Literature for High School Students.
2015-2016- Independent Study - Academy of Realist Art (Toronto)
•2007- Papyrus, Art History e-journal (Volume 3, 2007) “Inside Christina’s World” by Rebecca Chamberlain. [online] http://web-archives.mansfield.edu/~art/Papyrus3RebeccaChamberlaininside_christina.htm
•2010- Bluegrass Drawing Society (An exhibit of five Kentucky Artists)-Exhibition Book, Clark County Public Library
•2014- Illustrated “Jayden the Gentle, Tall and Gangly Giraffe: The Power of Gentleness” by Lisa Sharon .
*2018- Author and Illustrator " Maralee and the Turtles of the Sea."
•1995-present- Private Art Instructor at Rebecca Chamberlain Art Studio (Private Studio)
•2009 (June 1 – June 22) Drawing for Beginners, Clark County Public Library, Winchester Kentucky
•2011 (July- 4 weeks)- Instructor- Botanical Illustration Workshop- Hopewell Museum, Paris Kentucky
•2012 (Spring term) Drawing Instructor at Bluegrass Regional Independent Co-operative
2018 (October 13, 2018) Illustration Course -Telling Stories Through Pictures- Pat Conroy Children's Book Fair. Santa Elena History Center, Beaufort, SC.
2019 ( Bi Monthly-January through November) Introduction to Drawing (Instructor) at The Beaufort Arts Council, Beaufort, SC.
Lexington Art League- 1995-2005
Bluegrass Drawing Society (Winchester, Kentucky)- 2005-2012 (President)
Stoner Creek Arts Association (Paris, Kentucky)- 2010-2012
Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators- 2014-present
Beaufort Arts Association (Beaufort, South Carolina) -2015-present
1. Drawn on Common Ground- Group exhibition - November 2008-December 2008. Clark County Public Library
2.Creative Harvest Festival- Group exhibition - October 2009-December, 2009. Hopewell Museum- Paris, Kentucky
3. Drawn from Words (Illustrations inspired by literature, poetry and song) - November 2009-December 2009, Clark County Public Library- Winchester, Kentucky
4. Bluegrass Drawing Society at the Opera House – January-February 2010 (group exhibit) Winchester Opera House Gallery, Winchester, Kentucky
5.Gallery Hop- Bluegrass Drawing Society April 16, 2010 (group exhibit) Bodley-Bullock House, Lexington, Kentucky
6. Ancient Musings (solo exhibit) - May-June 2010- A collection of drawings and illustrations from Rebecca Chamberlain. Winchester Opera House Gallery- Winchester, KY.
7.Ethereal Images and Spiritual Iconography (group exhibit) – July 1- July 29, 2010 Winchester Opera House. Gallery.
8. Paris Art Walk (Paris, Kentucky) Dual Exhibition with Artist Bill Berryman, 2011.
9.Bluegrass Drawing Society Exhibition and Gallery Talk (Gateway Regional Art Center -Mt. Sterling, Kentucky) July 1, 2011- July 29, 2011.
10. Bluegrass Drawing Society (Woodford County Library- Versailles, Kentucky) December 2
11. Bluegrass Drawing Society Exhibition and Gallery Talk (Clark County Public Library, Winchester, KY- June (2012)